May 30, 2022
We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of MISP v2.4.159. This releases includes many improvements, bug fixes and improvements concerning performance on large datasets.
- [DB] Add MysqlExtended DboSource to support index query hints.
- [Query] Add new setting to disable taxonomy checks when browsing data.
- We discovered that some MISP users are still using slow file-based session handling in PHP. Now, we added in the diagnostic, if session is file based. We recommend everyone to use the Redis session.
- Many additional speed-up and faster functions in the MISP internals.
- Reduce memory usage when generating all correlations.
- [Feed] Allow option to disable correlations for all events coming from a feed. This can be useful when correlation requires to be disabled for an imported feed.
- [UI] Allow to upload MISP event by pasting data to textarea in addition to the file upload.
- An optional feature
clusters:attachMultipleClustersis now available to allow the mirroring of attribute clusters to event.
- [auditlog] Support for fetch event changes from specific time.
- [UI] Allow to filter attributes from Related Events box.
- [UI] Allow to filter attributes from warninglist box.
- [UI] Many UI improvements to make the interface easier to read.
- [UI] Disable correlation checkbox for non correlating types.
- [STIX 2 import] Better Galaxies parsing by looking for the ATT&CK technique id.
- [API] Enable sharing group filter for Event controller not just attribute.
- [STIX] Avoiding non RFC-4122 UUIDs to be imported (and therefore skipped)
- [STIX 1 import] Save process network connections.
- [STIX 1 import] Fixed galaxy tag_names fetching from TTP names.
- [dga] First version of the DGA taxonomy based on https://www.usenix.org/system/files/conference/usenixsecurity16/sec16_paper_plohmann.pdf.
- GrayZone of Active Defense, originaly published by Washington University, v2 created and updated by DCG420
- Various fixes to existing taxonomies.
MISP Objects Template
- A new PaloAlto Threat Event object template has been added.
- A updated security playbook has been added.
- A new ransom negotiation object has been added.
- An improved Passive SSH template object.
- Various fixes and improvements to different object templates such as email, virustotal-submissions and others.
- Improved Cryptominers galaxy.
- Improved backdoors galaxy.
- Threat Actor galaxy updated and extended with new threat-actors.
- MISP Galaxy updated for MITRE ATT&CK v11.2.
We would like to thank all the contributors, reporters and users who have helped us in the past months to improve MISP and information sharing at large. This release includes multiple updates in misp-objects, misp-taxonomies and misp-galaxy.
As always, a detailed and complete changelog is available with all the fixes, changes and improvements in MISP core. Additional changelogs are available for misp galaxy, misp-taxonomies, misp-objects and misp-modules