May 6, 2020
MISP 2.4.125 released
A new version of MISP (2.4.125) has been released. This version includes various improvements including a major refactoring of the feed system, the addition of OTP, a new inbox system to allow for self-registration, sightings in the timeline visualisation and many more improvements.
new inbox system and self-registration feature
If you operate a large community such as an ISAC, the creation of new users can be a tedious task. The new self-registration feature allows organisations to receive and review registration before creating the real user in MISP.
- if the feature is enabled, users can unauthenticated send a registration request to MISP
- request includes information on desired org and some privileges (sync / org admin / publisher)
- requests land in the inbox, admins can inspect the registration requests
- they can accept/discard them individually or en masse
- users will be notified of their credentials automatically
- quick user creation if the user asks for an org that doesn’t exist yet
E-mail based OTP
To add a second layer of security, OTP has been made available thanks to the contribution of @Golbark. If you would like to use this feature, please enable it via your security settings. Users will receive tokens via e-mail that they need to provide each time they authenticate and start a new session with MISP.
Feeds index refactoring and new features
added the ability to select an orgc ID for CSV/freetext feeds
- all events created from this feed will carry the selected orgc_id
Refactored the index fully
- using the factories
- better warnings against the dangerous new feed each pull setting
- event index search added
- several settings cleaned up / made more clear
auto reload of default feed configuration disabled, fixes #2542, fixes #5789
- added a button / endpoint to handle that instead to allow for the deleted default feeds to stay delete
- [database] New MySQL data source added for debugging.
- MySQLObserver datasource added - prepends all queries with the requested controller/action and user ID for better debugging
May improvements were done in this MISP release, for a complete overview, you can have a look at the complete changelog.
We would like to thank all the contributors, reporters and users who have helped us in the past months to improve MISP and information sharing at large. This release includes multiple updates in misp-objects, misp-taxonomies and misp-galaxy.
As always, a detailed and complete changelog is available with all the fixes, changes and improvements.