August 24, 2023
MISP 2.4.175 released with various bugs fixed, improvements and security fixes.
- Added support of
end_dateoptions in the MISP dashboard widgets.
- In the user periodic reporting, allow users to set the number of days to include in the reporting (UI).
- In the MISP dashboard org Widget, added support for
- New enrich object functionality added, in order to allow for the enrichment of a complete MISP object. Used by the SigMF module but this can be used with any expansion modules supporting objects.
- New feeds added.
- Improve the diagnostics when an instance does not have internet access or does not use the self-update feature
- Update the CA bundle of the CakePHP submodule maintained by the MISP project.
- IndexFilter: correct index page filtering is now fixed for ReST requets.
push_rulesfrom being required in API requests to the
- The annoying MISP event import bug from JSON has been fixed, you can now import MISP JSON events without the
- Various fixes in the MISP dashboard interface.
- CVE-2023-40224 <= MISP 2.4.174 - allows XSS in app/View/Events/index.ctp. (reported by BeDisruptive OSS Team)
- CVE-2023-41098 <= MISP 2.4.174 - In app/Controller/DashboardsController.php, a reflected XSS issue exists via the id parameter upon a dashboard edit.
Thanks to BeDisruptive OSS Team and Centre for Cyber Security Belgium (CCB) for the reporting.
Also a huge thanks to all the contributors, reporters and helpers supporting the MISP project.
MISP Objects and Relationships
- A new generic
x-headerobject template has been created to add custom HTTP or SMTP headers easily.
- SigMF object templates added.
artifactobject to better support STIX 2.1.
malware-analysisobjects to better support STIX 2.1.
For more details, the misp-object changelog is available.
- Various updates in the threat actor MISP galaxy and tool cluster.
- Various automatic updates to the Sigma galaxy.
For more details, the misp-galaxy changelog is available.
- New Zscaler IP address generator added.
- New OpenAI chatgpt crawler IP sources added.
- All the lists have been updated.
For more details, the misp-warninglists changelog is available.
For more details, the misp-taxonomies changelog is available.
MISP-stix includes multiple improvements and bugs fixed.
For more details, the misp-stix changelog is available.
- Bug fix for updating sharing group.
- Improved msg-extract function.
For more details, the PyMISP changelog is available.
Don’t forget to follow us on Mastodon
The MISP projet has its own Mastodon server misp-community.org - don’t forget to follow @firstname.lastname@example.org on the fediverse. Core contributors of MISP can sign-up if they wish to have an account.
MISP Professional Services
MISP Professional Services (MPS) is a program handled by the lead developers of MISP Project, in order to offer highly skilled services around MISP and to support the sustainability of the MISP project. This initiative is meant to address the policy requirements of companies/organisations requiring commercial support contracts. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you need specific services.